Thursday, Nov 19
Post date: Nov 6, 2009 2:58:06 PM
Here are the discussion questions for our meeting on the 19th about 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend this month's meeting.
- Did you like the format of the book, the way Elizabeth Gilbert split it into 108 short chapters? How did this contribute to the flow?
- Guilio says Rome’s word is "sex," and Gilbert decides her word is "antevasin." What is your word? What is your city’s word?
- What did you learn from Eat, Pray, Love?
- What is one thing you did not like about the book or disagreed with?
- Why do you think Eat, Pray, Love has sold so well?
- What are some of the ways Gilbert found pleasure in Italy?
- Do you think seeking pleasure is a worthwhile pursuit? How do you pursue it?
- In many ways, the entire book Eat Pray Love is a spiritual memoir; however, Gilbert particularly focuses on her spiritual pursuit in the middle section of the book. Did you relate to Gilbert’s spiritual journey? What parts of her opinions about God did you agree with and what did you disagree with?
- Do you think a person can know God?
- What do you think Gilbert learned in Bali? What did you take away from this final section of the book?
- If you were able to travel for a year, where would you go and why?
- Rate Eat, Pray, Love on a scale of 1 to 5.