Saturday, Oct. 17, 7:30pm
Post date: Aug 13, 2009 3:01:33 AM
Wine Tasting - Saturday, Oct. 17, 7:30pm
Please join us on for an Italo-American night as we explore the wines of Italy and their American counterparts. The California wine industry has been heavily influenced by Italian immigrants families like the Franzia's and Mondavi's. We will taste the same grape varieties from Italy and the US to identify which of the two styles we like better.
The Italian wine industry has matured significantly since I was a student in Bologna. No more Chianti in a straw covered bottle! No more screw top bottle of Zonin for 50 Lire with your meal at the student cafeteria. You will be amazed at the breadth of reasonably priced wines that Italy is exporting.
Save the dates for the rest of our events!
- Saturday, Dec. 12: Rhone and the California Rhone Rangers
- Saturday, Feb. 13: Champagne Elegance at Powers Gallery, Acton
- Saturday, April 10: Frugal Feast — 90 point wines under $15
- Saturday, May 15: Wine Lovers Group choice
- Saturday, July 10: Summer wine drinks and beer
I will try to keep each event to under $20 through trolling the local wine shops for their top value wines. A non-drinking designated driver is always free of charge. The hosts for our events also are never charged. It is our way of saying "thank you" for opening your home to friends.
* I'd like your advice on what we should do in May. We could do a "blind tasting" — taste the wines without seeing the label and then determining which we liked best. Or, we could have a Sommelier speak to the group about food and wine pairings. We could have a tasting of wines from certain regions or take a grape type like Cabernet Sauvignon from many different regions in the world. What would you like to do?
Please contact Erik for more details and the location of the events at email@example.com.
Take the time to check out Erik's Wine Lovers Blog!
Subscribe to the Wine Lovers blog via RSS